Part of the southern suburbs of Queensland where indigenous people live for an estimated period of 40,000 years until Europeans arrived in 1823 is the suburb of Annerley. It is about 5 kilometres from the CBD and is primarily a residential area to date. Back in the days, this suburb is considered nothing more than a ‘run-down’ but today, it is a haven of mixed residences of people from all walks of life.
Annerley, measuring to about 284 hectares or 3 square kilometres, has areas which are elevated and lying on a ridge. If you happen to be in these parts you are likely to love the view of the whole city. The suburb has two key nodes – Annerley Junction and Chardon’s Corner.
Population: According to the 2011 census, the suburb of annerley has a total population of 10,664 and the median age of an average resident is 32 years old. Of the total population recorded, females make up the majority which is 50.2% and the remainder 49.8% are males.
Income ($/weekly): The Individual median income of residents in Annerley is about $697 per week. Also, households have a median income of $1,385 per week.
Employment Profile: There is a 6.0% rate of unemployment in Annerley as per the 2011 census. Its labour force come with a 59.6% of full time workers and about 29.4% of part-time employees.
Bus – Residents in Annerley find it easy to access public bus transport where bus routes come and go quite frequently.
Train – The nearest train station is about 600 metre if you walk from Annerley Junction. Fairfield train station provides alternative public transport means for most residents of Annerley.
Families with children are with great options in terms of the educational institutions which their kids may be requiring. There are 3 reputable schools in Annerley namely, Junction Park State School, Mary Immaculate Catholic Primary School and Our Lady’s College.
If you are looking for a government co-educational school for kids up to year 7, then Junction Park State School could be a good option for you. The other two school are Roman Catholic schools where Mary Immaculate is a co-educational P-7 school as opposed to Our Lady’s being a girls secondary school serving years 8-12.
Clubs and Sports
Annerley has diverse local businesses making it an attractive place for those who want access to most everything that is essential. Whether it be schools, a bank, post office, bakery, restaurants or cafes, parks and sports club, this suburb can point you to one. The local Croquet Club, Annerley Junior Football Club and the Souths Rugby Union Club are also some of the reasons why residents take pride in being part of this community.
http://www.twinspectors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/twinspector-logo.png00Guilly Rose Bausinhttp://www.twinspectors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/twinspector-logo.pngGuilly Rose Bausin2016-08-26 07:57:372016-12-16 01:57:40Annerley
Twinspectors Building and Pest Inspections 466 Ipswich Rd Annerley , QLD4103