One of the outer suburbs of Brisbane is about 15 kilometres south-west of its Central Business District – Durack. It is bounded by Oakmont Avenue and Freeman Road in its north, Blunder Road, Inala Avenue and the suburb of Doolandella in its south, Blunder Creek in its eastern section, and Serviceton Avenue along with the streets of Rosemary and Sycamore in its western side.
The name of this suburb is actually based on one of the original land owners in the area, Michael Durack. The outer residential suburb was given this name after it won a ‘naming competition’ sponsored by a local newspaper back in 1976. Before it became a fully progressing residential suburb, the area was mainly for timber-getting as well as grazing and farming.
Population: Durack has a total population of 6,177 according to the census conducted in 2011. Majority of the populace are females with 51.6% and the remaining 48.4% are already males. It was identified also that the median or average age of the populace is about 38 years old.
Lifestyles and People:
Elderly Singles – 21.0%
Older Couples and Families – 14.9%
Independent Youth – 14.7%
Established Couples and Families – 10.9%
Maturing Couples and Families – 8.5%
Income ($/weekly): An individual living in the suburb of Durack has a median income of $476 in a week’s time. A typical household on the other hand has a total median income of $939 per week.
Employment Profile: Of all the employed residents as per the 2011 census, 60.9% are actually holding full time jobs. The other 25.2% are employed on part-time basis. This suburb has an unemployment rate of 8.0%.
Bus – A more visible bus route in the area of Durack if a commuter goes by the Richlands railway station is that of bus route 466. This suburb is also linked to the Salisbury railway station as well as the CBD of Brisbane through the bus route 110.
Options for education in the suburb of Durack is, without question, plenty. Families with kids to send to school can check out schools including the Inala State School which, actually is situated in Durack and not Inala, as well as the Glenala High School. The latter used to be known as Inala State High School. Durack Primary School is also a good choice for school for your kids. This used to be known as Serviceton State School. There is also the Australian International Islamic College which opened its doors to enrollees in the year 2002.
Clubs and Sports
Many residents of Durack enjoy the residential-rural feel of the area whereby there are basic facilities and amenities but not so much congested with shopping centres – the nearest being at Inala town centre and Acacia Ridge. In the eastern part of the suburb of Durack, though it is one of the less developed sections, a bowling club can be accessed along with a caravan park and a dog showground.
https://www.twinspectors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/twinspector-logo.png00Guilly Rose Bausinhttps://www.twinspectors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/twinspector-logo.pngGuilly Rose Bausin2016-12-21 06:03:022017-12-05 15:04:52Durack